It's an emotional thing

We surround ourselves with beautiful things that make our home special, unique to us and our personalities,  lifestyles and quirks. The look of our home represents us and who we are and how we want the world to see us, at least on the surface.



Enter the process of letting go. You know you're not gonna fit all your collections,  big or small, into your trailer. This means you must let go of an entire lifestyle.  But it's a choice.




Joe and I made this choice willingly. Our then home was big. 6 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms.  A corner lot that required a lot of upkeep. Lots of stairs. It seemed all we did all the time was vacuum, dust and mop.


We were tired of cleaning all the time, fixing things and everything that goes along with 2500 square feet. We were tired of all the stuff we had surrounded ourselves with all these years that we thought we needed at one point or another.

Things take up space and they take time from us and for us they became a burden.

At first it was kinda hard to choose what to sell first. But the more I kept selling the easier it became to let go. It's a mindset one has to get to in order to be okay with it.

I cried twice. The beautiful  industrial looking and very unique railroad tie top livingroom tables that we had found 2 years prior on Facebook Marketplace for an awesome price were the kind of pieces that you just couldn't find in a furniture store. Therefore they were priceless to me (again,  my husband is more adaptable). The buyers were ecstatic to purchase them and assured me they'd be loved just as much.

The second time I cried was when I sold my Mazda CX5. I loved this car. It was MY car. I wanted it, chose it and drove it. Of course it is replaceable, I tell myself.  But that is beside the point.

Learning and mastering the skill of letting go certainly doesn't happen overnight.  I learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peru 2024

Creating balance

Walk-in closet renovation