The elimination process

 3 Estate sales...
 ...and we still had stuff
 The house a few days before we moved out.
What was left and couldn't get sold went the Goodwill.
........................................

And what a long process this was. We started selling things around Christmas time last year. 8 months prior to our grand move in or should I say move out. Depends how you see it. 

We'd sell our Christmas decor before Christmas, Easter decor before Easter..., well you get the idea. Each holiday we ended up having no decorations, because in order to fit into our tiny home we had to shed a lot of stuff! And the best time to sell holiday decor is most certainly BEFORE the said holiday.

While Joe had his work cut out for him doing most of the harder physical labor on the trailer and slaving away, I was in charge of the online selling job.

Most of our "larger items" I would sell on local sites , such as Facebook Marketplace,  OfferUp and Letgo. I even ended up having repeat buyers because I posted things all the time and people started noticing me and liked my items. I ended up having real nice moments with some buyers.  You could almost say we bonded over how we met and what they bought.

Joe and I developed a system of how to account for these earnings. We had 2 envelopes: One was our vacation fund, the second one our future furniture fund envelope.  Both almost got filled equally. Every time we would sell an item, the money would go straight into the envelopes. This system really helped us.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is, that we can highly recommend to anybody wanting to go full time RVing to start selling your household EARLY. I can't stress this enough. 

We thought,  starting 8 months ahead of our move was plenty of time. Wrong! We made it kicking and screaming to the finish line, so to say. With selling our last items the day of our move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peru 2024

Creating balance

Walk-in closet renovation