Dirt road anthem

It's the end of another ordinary day here in rural Kansas. 

Today I decided to take my bike out to explore the area. 



Every landscape has its beauty. Isn't that what "they say"? Well who are they anyway,  I ask? I tell myself though, to keep this saying in mind as I am choosing my path today.

The dirt road I decide to take ends at a paved road, followed by another dirt road.


I am always amazed by the diversity of this country.  Riding down this dirt road,  I come across the occasional farm, along with its silos and barns and hay bales. I can imagine their residents and the hard life they chose. They find comfort to come home to the familiar sounds and views. They probably would not trade their lifes, even if they could.


I imagine driving on these endless roads in the harsh of the winter, the wind screaming. 

What I can't imagine is my life here.  I feel lucky that Joe and I get to choose where we want to be.  

Do you ever feel stuck? 

Are you longing for  change? 

 Untangle your life and be the change you want to see!


I keep riding and take it all in. The rocks kicking up from underneath my tires, the sunshine on my face and the sounds of the screeching windmill in the distance. 


The beauty of this lonely road here in Kansas lies in the fact, that I am able to experience the simplicity of it all with no distractions,  no frills.

Simple and pure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peru 2024

Life on the road is different

Back to real life