When life takes twists and turns

 


I go about my daily tasks to include the workamper duties, managing and selling my things on "Ulrike's Shop " . I am also starting a new job as an Executive Personal Assistant to a lovely couple in St. Pete, when life decides to off-rail things a whole bunch.  

Yep here we were, Joe spending an x-amount of hours applying for upper management positions and doing his handyman gig on the side. That's when his body put a break on! The signal was: You're done dude.  Fast forward: THREE awful weeks of pain.  Daily pain management,  sleepless nights,, doctors visits and MRI's. Dealing with the medical non-caring system that is quick to prescribe but at snail- speed to get to the cause of a problem.  My health isn't where it should be either, adding to the daily frustration. But that seems secondary. 



Times like these are challenging to say the least. Each day is filled with stuff that needs to be done and at the end of the day, I find myself exhausted.  I am overwhelmed and realize again and again,  it leaves no time for fun things that recharge my soul and energize it to keep going. 

It's times like these that I ask myself: What am I supposed to learn from this? I already know how strong I am. Thank you very much! I've had no shortage of things in my 54 years where I had to learn to fight like a bull to make it. So now what is this all about? I ask the universe.  Am I selfish to complain? After all, I am NOT the one who got injured.  It's my Joe. He's the one suffering.  Should I just keep my emotions in check? 



Things I long for...: I think about dancing 🕺,  my passion.  It's been months.  A well- paying job for Joe. A permanent charming old home with a huge front porch and space for all of us. A kitchen with a full sized fridge. Four burners to cook delicious meals on and a large dining table to gather,  when our family and friends come to visit. A yard that I can get lost in and let my creativity take over. All these things seem so far in the future. I feel I can almost reach them. But when I am about to grab them they dissappear.  


Life right now is not so good to us.  Yes, it could be worse.  It always can be.  But it could be a whole lot better,  too.



We'll be okay.  For now we're taking it one day at a time. That's all we can do. The most important thing to remember is that we have each other.  Always.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming residents

Back to real life

The quest of overcoming challenges