Raw and unfiltered

 My husband has this wonderful gift. He can step outside our trailer and meet somebody, strike up a conversation and have a new friend. Voila'!

 Are you kidding me? For me this is more like work. If somebody starts a conversation with ME then it's a piece of cake. I can do that!



And because I haven't mastered his art, I miss my friends. Add to that the fact that my kids live in different States for the 1st time in my life, does not help either. Joes kids too. I call them MY kids. After having them in my life for 6 years, I  love them just as if they were mine. They all are beautiful adults, and it's hard to only see them every now and then. I miss the in betweens of their lifes. This part is extremely hard. I wonder if I ever get used to it. I cannot relate to people who are happy with the fact that their kids no longer live near them. I am not one of them. And I never will be. Oddly enough I have now turned into one of "those" people that call their dogs their "children".


Mobile life means you don't see familiar faces every day. The day you leave camp for the next location is where you will (hopefully) meet new people again. And if you are lucky you will have a conversation somewhere that goes a bit deeper and beyond the weather and other blah-blah's. It's ever changing. I am still getting used to this.


 I am sure, months from now I will look back with a smile. By then it will have become easy to meet people. I cant wait for that day!

Friends. The word disconnect comes to mind.  Once you choose to live on the road, your friends from where you used to live, continue with their daily routine, where you are no longer a part of it. Naturally. Simply because you are no longer THERE. I get it. All that's left is the occasional text and phone call, if you're lucky. I am sure they are thinking of me just as I am thinking of them but that does not make me feel any more connected to them.




  • The human connection is what most of us are seeking. Some of us use a blog to connect with  people.  We all seek  connections to some degree.

So where do I go from here?

Send me your thoughts to:

deutschefrau1115@
yahoo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peru 2024

Life on the road is different

Back to real life