Our 11 day July 2026 Alaska adventure This whole coming about of this destination was really another random pick. And these random picks are exciting and not predictable. Exactly what we seek! So let me take you along our journey through Alaska! Let's go! 17 July 2026. Travel day: Our great northbound journey begins at the Tampa International airport and takes us 3228 miles across our continent all the way to Vancouver, via Toronto, Canada a day before the official start of our Princess Cruise. Day 1: Leaving Vancouver, BC Today is the start of our anticipated cruise as we take public transportation from our hotel near the airport across Vancouver to the cruise ship terminal where our ship awaits us and about 3000 more excited guests. We join long but quick lines and easily navigate through the onboarding process from dropping off our luggage, to picking up our Princess medallions to going through security to ultimately going onboard of the 16 floor Princess Dis...
As we are approaching the sizzling Florida summer season, I realize this is our second summer here already. I remember visiting my girlfriend in Tampa years ago and going for a morning walk. I remember looking over at her, walking leisurely next to me. Her face is glistening. I said: "Are you wearing a shiny lotion or are you sweating"? She replied with: "I am sweating". It's what you do here. Surprised I said that I assumed one would get used to this climate after some time. When it's hot and humid you kinda melt. Welcome to SOUTHERN FLORIDA. Our apartment has become our home. This city has become OUR city. We are constantly exploring and expanding our knowledge of what Saint Petersburg is all about. Our place is only a 15 minute bike ride to the popular St. Pete Pier. Located downtown its one of the many happening places. Outdoorsy tan people in shorts, on scooters you can rent at eve...
A few months have passed. I am contemplating what to write this time. What is the message I want to share by doing this? Sure a blog can be used as a platform for so many reasons. It's tempting to get sucked into ones ego taking over and making it a "look what I can do" - platform. For me I realize, it is a way to express myself, to bring a smile to your face and ultimately your day. But to also bring a smile to my face, because while my life journey contains struggles and hick-ups, at the end of the day its full of gratitude. In a post "pandemic" time, inspiration is certainly something we all crave without question. Occasionally I am asked if we're settled in, now that we moved into our new home. The answer comes without hesitation: Yes! Since the day we were handed the keys 🔑 to be exact. When you have a vision, you'll get results. So often people tell me they are envious of Joe and I. We did what many people imagine doing. You know what? A dream...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.